To launch Kenya's new nation brand, also created by Grayling, something truly unique and ground-breaking was required.
We needed to establish the ‘Make It Kenya’ campaign through ground breaking activations with global appeal. We leveraged Kenya’s breadth of tourism offering across all media, we identified a partner (Herd Tracker) to give us instant traction and another partner (Periscope) that implemented an innovative platform to get people’s attention. Our activations included #MARALIVE and #KENYALIVE which brought incredible wildlife and adventure footage to the world which included the world’s first live web broadcast of the GREAT Wildebeest Migration. Another hit was Kenya’s Tourism Minister skydiving into the campaign and ‘Turtlecam’ which viewed the rehabilitation of turtle’s release back into the ocean.
- 115,00+ views
- 50K hearts (likes) and questions on periscope
- 12,000+ views on twitter
- 10,000+ engagements on facebook
- 300+ media enquiries
- 700+ articles published print and online by global leading titles
- 2 live cnn broadcasts
- 900,000,000+ people reached worldwide via all media activity
- 10% brand awareness from 0 brand awareness in the UK and US according to independent research in only 3 months.